Friday, July 22, 2011

Darkened Day


I embrace his soul on this warm spring afternoon.
I move within the shadow of his touch and yet I feel his aching desire.

I long to reach out and embrace him but that would be wrong,
knowing this distance makes it feel fresh, new, and alive.

To cross into that realm would make me escape the meaning of this need.
Only in wanting can I feel desire;
only in not having what I wish to possess can I take him completely.

I watch his every move, every gesture, every word that escapes his moistened lips.
The way he turns his head and looks out across the plaza,
his dark eyes bore into the very core of my being.

I feel a shudder, a creeping up my spine, at the intensity of his gaze.
He looks through me for only a moment before touching her.
The one he is with, the one who knows nothing about him-of the true man he is.
His touch is for her and her alone.

How it pains me to see him laugh and take hold of her hand.
I feel the burn of my tears as I slip farther back into the darkness that suddenly clouds the day and I silently slip away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment