Friday, July 22, 2011

In Memories dear: Over the passing of my father


I sit here and I wonder where it is that you have gone,
for the times that we have shared were not for very long.
For my entire life you were there in my need,
and now in my thoughts your love takes the lead.

I will always remember the times that we shared,
the simple things you did that showed that you cared.
The trips to the park and the places we went,
those moments to remember of a love that was sent.

I will never forget and I will always look in the past,
for your smiles and your humor that your love to me has cast.
I know it's hard to think of you without a single tear,
but as long as you are in my heart there's nothing left to fear.

Maybe somewhere out there you are looking in on me,
your here to ease my pain and are helping me to see.
I know this life was so unfair for all it put you through.
you had to struggle long and hard for what belonged to you.

Yet there was something that you got-A precious little pearl,
you got to have one special love...from daddy's little girl.

Diana Nelson 8/29/2005

0 comments:

Post a Comment