Friday, July 22, 2011

Paincan Street

I walked along Paincan street and saw the sorrow there,
people sad, some were mad, but most without a care.

I looked upon my very soul and uttered out a plea,
in my darkest, desperate day may it never happen to me.

I know this may seem such a selfish thought,
for seldom do we wish for the lives we got.

For many people have traveled broken roads,
and carried the weight of heavy loads.

Then there are those whose dreams come true,
and never give thought to what others go through.

Seeing I will never reach the end of the road,
I stop and I look behind,
and know there are many hardened souls,
whose peace they will never find.

As I close my eyes to everyone I see,
I realize these lives are people just like me.

Diana Nelson 2002

0 comments:

Post a Comment